Monday, December 2, 2013

Thankful!


We spent Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family as we've always done. This group is always so fun and I enjoy catching up with everyone while sampling all the good food [my family is full of good cooks]! Also, my family is known for wonderfully hilarious stories. I was cracking up at childhood stories from my aunts & uncles with Grannie's snide comments added in. 

When I look at this picture, it really hits me. We are so blessed. I love being surrounded by a large family. I know that many spend this holiday alone or have never experienced the joyful chaos of a crowded kitchen. We are so fortunate to be so familiar with the smell of turkey and sweet potatoes, the [very loud] sounds of people gathered together and sharing stories and the taste of the annual "log" cake that Grannie makes each year. We are blessed & thankful. 

And now it's officially the Christmas season! We've started decorating & plan to get our tree this coming weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment