Time just seems to keep passing by faster and faster. It's crazy to me that it is 2015 now & that Christmas has come and gone.
Today Will & I started back to work. It was a bit of a rough start, snoozing the alarm way too many times, but we made it! Actually, Will is still not off work. Poor thing, he left way before I did and is still working away. Even though it was hard to wake up and get back into the swing of things, it's good to get into a routine again.
There are quite a few unknowns for us this upcoming year. Will's job on Sleepy Hollow will end in about three weeks and from there we honestly don't know what he will be doing. It's possible that we will say goodbye to the film business for a while and he may move into something different. Or we may move to another state, which seems unlikely at this point, but yet still possible. I'm thankful that we have made smart decisions financially and we feel very at ease with the potential that Will may be job-less for a bit.
The past week, I've found myself reflecting on the past year and looking ahead to what I want to change, keep the same and try out. Here's what I've come up with:
1. Will & I both want to encourage each other to consistently study the Bible. We agree that realistically this looks like daily devotionals on our own, more prayer time together and the biggest thing, joining a small group. I've been in a women's group for a while, but we took a break last semester. We have desired to be in a couple's small group for a while, but with Will's schedule we can't seem to find one that works. We're still deciding if we want to go separate routes or seek out a couples small group, but either way we need that community.
2. I want to read.read.read. Last year I devoured books & I want to continue doing that. Expand my reading list to new & different genres and just enjoy reading.
3. Consistent physical activity. I said this last year and there were months were I was great at it and many months I was not. Trying again this year. Here's to yoga, lap swims and long runs ... or short ones perhaps :)
4. Begin learning a third language. I still haven't decided on what language yet, but leaning towards French. I've wanted to learn it for a while & I really want to give it a shot, even if I just learn a little bit.
5. Travel. I'd really love to go abroad with Will, but we have no idea what the year may hold. Even if we take a few short trips, I will be so happy. Traveling with Will reminds me how we are best friends, in addition to husband & wife. We travel really well together & I love experiencing new places with him by my side. I love his laid-back travel approach & that we are totally satisfied to be reading a book & sipping coffee -- no jam packed schedule needed.