Thursday, May 15, 2014

A bittersweet ending


Wednesday tutoring is nearing the end as the school year quickly comes to a close. It is truly a bittersweet end as I have so loved getting to know these sweet kids & (hopefully) providing a little extra help on homework and schoolwork. It has been such a joy to see them grow both academically and socially. I have seen one of them go from speaking only Spanish and not understanding a word of English to being able to look at word problems in English and figure out what they are asking all on her own! How incredible! 

We still have plenty more work cut out for us as we work on getting them up to speed with their classmates, but oh we have made strides! I'm sad that my Wednesday afternoons won't be filled with a car full of kids, laughing and screaming. I sure will miss pulling into their trailer park and seeing the kids lined up waiting to pile into our cars. But, I am hopeful that this is the beginning of a long relationship with these guys and their families. I am excited for what's to come & I know that we will have visits this summer. So thankful for the opportunity to love on them & eager to see more changes in years to come. 

pictured above: Darlin, Jocelyn, Rikci, Bryan (photo taken by little Miss Melanie).

No comments:

Post a Comment