Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Friendships

I am currently doing a study on Nehemiah, which can be found here (I highly suggest it!). So far it has been wonderful and really changing my outlook on the day. I find myself hurrying to get out of the shower & boil some hot water for tea so I can settle in for just a few moments & read the day's devotion. 


Today, I read about Nehemiah asking for help from the Israelites to help him rebuild the wall & defend Jerusalem from an attack at the same time. The study then led me over to Hebrews for this verse, "... and let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near" (Hebrews 10:24-25). It was a great reminder that we are called to be in relationships, to seek our friendships and encourage one another. We need to ask for help from friends and return the favor to them. Nehemiah was not afraid to ask for help from others because he knew if they combined their talents and efforts they could complete the work for the Lord. 

Today I am thankful for friendships, near and far, that challenge me, encourage me and spur me on to new adventures. For women in my life who would do anything for me, and I for them. Thankful for sweet friends that have traveled with me, studied with me, run & pushed me (sometimes literally when running) through challenges I thought impossible. For friends who have shared hospital beds with me and sat in on difficult doctors visits, women who comfort me and make me laugh. For friends who do the weirdest things with me & throw themed parties like you've never seen. Thankful for new friendships and old ones. Today I am thankful for friendships that last through years, life changes and miles of distance & for people who I can call on when the storms roll in or if celebration is in order. Let's remember the importance of friendships and "provoke one another to love & good deeds."

^ sharing a hospital bed shout out goes this lady, thanks friend.





^ themed parties & costumes like you won't believe, these girls know how to have fun & take things WAY too far.


^high school graduation, we would then go on to be roommates/housemates all four years of college 













No comments:

Post a Comment