Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chicken & Zucchini Parmesan

Pinterest, you never fail me. I found this recipe on pinterest & decided to make it the other night. Will had mentioned that he wanted some sort of chicken dish so I thought I'd give it a whirl. You see, its rare for me to try new recipes on just the two of us. I have a horrible habit of testing out new recipes on other people...surprisingly, it hasn't failed. I'm sure the day that it does I will quit doing that. 

Anyway, we gave it a try & loved the recipe. Will really enjoyed it and I think it was pretty healthy so thats a plus. 

Heres what you need:

3-4 large chicken breasts
1 can tomato sauce
1 med zucchini
Mozzarella cheese (buy the good kind)
2-3 tsp. olive oil
fresh basil
fresh garlic


I used my Le Creuset skillet for this whole recipe & it was awesome. Basically any large skillet (with a lid) would work. 

First, I cut the chicken breasts in half. I pounded them (with a potato masher, resourceful, eh?) just once or twice to tenderize. Then I put them in the skillet with 2-3 tsp of olive oil. I added in some fresh (minced) garlic as well. Once the chicken breasts were browned, I added in the tomato sauce. **I did not drain some of the liquid from the chicken, but I would suggest draining it a little** Place the lid on & put it on low-med low and let it simmer for about 30 min. Then, add basil, sliced zucchini and mozzarella. I cut the mozzarella into slices and laid those on top of the chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low for 15 more min.

The flavor was awesome & this recipe was super easy! Had the leftovers for lunch today :)

...And a little shot from while it was cooking.





No comments:

Post a Comment