Monday, February 17, 2014

Grace for Monday.

I snoozed seven times this morning. Y'all, seven. Agree with me that that is absurd and ridiculous. Stumbled out of bed, took a hot shower, walked into the kitchen, laid on our nook bench and mindlessly scrolled through instagram and checked my email. My intention of getting up at 5:45 and making a quick breakfast, sitting at my desk and having a nice, long quiet time was thrown out the window when I continued to snooze over and over again. Can you relate? We all need a little grace on Monday morning. 

Due to my snoozing and selfish mindset, I shuffled out of the house in just enough time to stop by Port City Java for a hot tea and muffin because I mean "I do have a gift card." I continued to wallow in my self pity until I was nudged and gently reminded that life is so much more than this. Why am I so focused on myself and my issues (issues being I had to be at work early & our breakfast choices at home weren't what I wanted...)? There are so many things to be joyful about, yet I was choosing to look at the few annoyances. If I would have looked up, I would have seen that it was a beautiful day, sun shining & mid-fifties, which is pretty awesome in February. 

So if you're feeling like you need some grace this Monday, so do I. Happy work week- we are loved & blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment