Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Open spaces & bright colors

The weather has been incredible here, highs in the upper 70's and today in the mid 80's.  One of my favorite things about spring is that the first few warm days, everyone is outside, soaking up every minute of sunshine. Our neighborhood was filled with kids playing football in the yard, moms pushing strollers down the sidewalk, old men walking dogs and couples cruising on their bikes. I love that warm weather after long winters brings so much joy.

We, too, have been outside every moment we can get. Today I even took my students outside because between standardized testing and spring fever, they were itching for some fresh air & sunshine. Yesterday, Will & I spent the day working in the yard. He cranked up the chain saw and cleared out some dead bushes and limbs, while I planted flowers & herbs in some pots on our back steps. I also started clearing out a space for a veggie garden and getting the soil ready. We worked really hard, but it was so rewarding and refreshing to be outside all day. With pink cheeks and tired arms, we retreated inside as the sun started setting for a good, hearty meal (stuffed shells). 

It's been sunny and warm the whole week & I'm praying it stays like this. I've realized a few things these past few days; open spaces & bright colors do wonders for my heart. Waking up to light pouring in the bedroom windows, vibrant purple flowers on the dining room table and a backyard thats blooming makes me so joyful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment