Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween! Here are a few pictures to enjoy from the good ol' days. 

My memories from Halloween have always been sweet. All the excitement throughout the school day, then we would rush home eat an early dinner & dress up. Our neighborhood was full of children & our best friends lived down the street (see pic below). All the families would meet and we would hit the streets together. It seemed like hours of trick-or-treating, but I know that it was probably more like one hour. After we'd filled our buckets, we head back to our house to start the trade. Y'all, the trade was serious business. I, being the weirdo that I am, don't like chocolate and never have so usually the trade would begin with me sorting all my candy into two piles- chocolate and other sugary treats. Sadly, a lot of people gave out chocolate so my brother really lucked out in this trade. Also, Adam, being three years older than me, I'm sure was wiser and could convince me that that ONE piece he had was really worth TWO of my pieces. At the end of the night, though, we always felt like we had gotten the better trade & were pleased with the loot. The only other thing I remember about Halloween is that we had way too much candy and inevitably when Christmas rolled around we still had quite a selection. As I got older, I learned that Halloween candy makes for great gingerbread house decorations and that its smart to save some for that project.

Oh Halloween, you've always been a blast! Its such a fun day filled with imagination, homemade costumes and sugar-highs. I look forward to the day that we can dress our kids up and share in the memories of trick-or-treating.


No comments:

Post a Comment