Thursday, October 24, 2013

Reading & learning




Around our house, we spend a lot of time talking about books and interesting articles. I really love that and desire for our house to be one of learning and growing in every stage of life. We've been reading quite a bit and definitely have discovered new things, learned about different lifestyles and ideas and every so often, drifted off into fiction land (we're more into nonfiction for the most part). 

I'm  always looking for new books and wanting to share what I've been reading, so I thought I'd write about what we've been reading the past few months. 

So fascinating & a great read for parents & teachers, but honestly anyone

I have a whole new perspective on introverts now & find myself recognizing them & how to encourage those who are introverted. I even realized I have introverted qualities (not a ton, but some).

This is a late elementary/early middle school book, but it is beautifully written & we all could learn a lot from Esperanza. Also, love that the family is Hispanic. Really, its SO good!


All time favorite books:

Same Kind of Different as Me- Ron Hall

Wild at Heart-John Eldredge

Captivating- John Eldredge


I have a list that is ridiculously long of what I want to read. I'm currently reading Yes, Chef, a memoir by Marcus Samuelsson. Memoirs are typically my favorite genre because I'm fascinated by others' lives and their stories. Will is reading The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger (sounds super nerdy, but apparently its really good). 

Other books on my "to-read" list: 
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Exactly Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
Power of Play: How Spontaneous, Imaginative Activities Lead to Happier, Healthier Children       by David Elkind
A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live by Emily Freeman.

Let me know what you're reading, I'm always looking for more suggestions!





No comments:

Post a Comment