Saturday, October 26, 2013

Resting



Over the last few months, I've been beginning to understand what is true rest. I think this partially comes from moving into a job where I work significantly less hours, but I am beginning to see what it realistically looks like for me. I'm realizing that everyone experiences rest in different forms, but its important to find what works best for you.

A cup of steaming hot, breakfast tea, a slice of pumpkin bread and a cozy seat by the window with my journal- thats what rest looks like to me. An afternoon spent reading a book or reading blogs while sitting on the back porch or an hour or two volunteering with some kids. All of these things are restful for me. I realize that the volunteering, to some, seems like work and it absolutely can be, but to me, volunteering has always been an outlet, a getaway where I can use my gifts to serve others. 

In a current house, theres a place that I always sit to rest and relax. We have a kitchen "nook" with a small table and built- in seating around that have cushions on top. The nook is, as must usualy are, beside a window and I love to sit there in the morning and afternoon, as the sun is shining in. Will laughs because if I'm awake when he gets off, I am typically sitting in the nook. I just love it! Its perfect for some quiet time in the morning with a cup of tea, or in the afternoon to do some reading.  I think its so important for us to find places where we can rest and let go of the worries of the day. We are called to rest and seeing a husband who works 75+ hrs a week with little rest, let me tell you, we NEED rest. 


Will snapped this of me in the nook. Bed head, mismatched pajamas and all....

 Even Clyde loves the nook!
Clyde seems to make an appearance in every post. This is not intentional, but has more to do with the fact that he is at my side at ALL times.

No comments:

Post a Comment